Today is a new day!

>> Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today is a new day! I am going to try my hand at blogging! Who knows what will happen, total success or total failure? I have been inspired by a fellow blogger, who I will never be able to keep up with. Today I have Grace, Alexis, and Sam! The three amigos! They are hilarious to listen too since they are 1, 2, and 4! Always keep me moving and always keep me looking forward to nap time where no one is in the toilet, in the cabinets, or reeking havoc!  Sam is now off to preschool and Alexis is starting today's fashion show. Alexis is known for changing her clothing multiple times a day. I never know what she will be wearing! She LOVES dresses. I would never have thought that, since in the beginning it was a fight for her to wear one. Now dresses are all she wants to wear. I took her to the grocery store with me about a month ago, which is always an adventure. On that particular day it was beautiful and exceptionaly warm for March in Indiana. That day she was Cinderella. She had on the glittery down from Disney and of course matching shoes. I attempted, without success, to convince her to change before we left, however it was not worth it in the end. So off we went to the store, mommy and her little Cinderella. We made our way in, of course not going unnoticed! She walked beside the cart, in order not to "mess up her dress", and we grabbed the few things we needed. Now on every other trip I have made to the store I always take my purse in. Well, that day I did not. We approached the checkout and I unloaded my purchases and paid. Well, at some point I was pick pocketed by my two two year old. We went to take the cart out and I noticed she had my car keys, which I always put in my purse. I couple of ladies stopped us as we were exiting, wanting to know if we were headed to a beauty pagent and if her culry hair was real. I engaged in a few moments of conversation, and in that time my pick pocket daughter went into action. As I turned to leave, arms full with groceries, I notice that Cinderella does not have the keys anymore! Then the search and recovery began! We looked by the carts and the entrance to the store, but no keys! I reloaded my sacked groceries into another cart and we began our search. Any other day we would probably go unnoticed, but today I had Cinderella with me who graciously started waving to her admirers! Twenty minutes later after almost every shopper and employee began the sweep, I decided it was time to call for back up! I called my husband, who started to head my way. We made our way to the check outs and began to thank everyone for their failed attempts, and guess what we found? The KEYS! Cinderella had placed them on the bottom of a cart while I was talking about her curly hair and beautiful dress. I called my wonderful husband, who was still looking for my spare set of keys, and called off the reinforcements! So the lesson learned that glorious day, take a purse, put the keys in it, and leave the purse out of reach of Cinderella! You have to laugh! She makes life very interesting right now! Our son is at the age where he doesn't steal keys, but at the store he loves to make his sister scream! While I am looking at an item he cleverly picks and pokes at her until she screams. So half way through the trip they are seperated and we continue on our merry way! These fond moments, all though at the time may cause me to want to jump up and down and scream like a 2 year old, are precious and I would not want it any other way beacuse they grow up way too fast!!!

0 comments: